It is December 31st, 1979. Eric is flying back from Africa and should be arriving this evening. Donna has decided to miss New Year's to get a jump on leaving for college, and also to avoid the drama of Eric's return. Fez and Jackie, now officially a couple, still haven't had their first real kiss. So the gang, trying to find something meaningful to do on the last day of the 70s, before Donna leaves, has yet another circle.
It is December 31, 1979, the final day of the 1970s. Hyde helps a hesitant Kitty and Red decide about moving. Fez searches for the perfect time and place for his first kiss with Jackie while Kelso returns to spend the last night of the 1970s with his friends. Kelso also falls off the water tower (again). Red and Kitty announce to their guests that they decide not to move to Florida. As Donna leaves the room for some air, Eric returns just in time for New Year's Eve. He apologizes to Donna, who says things "are a lot different now" and they kiss and get back together.
Eric and Kelso join their friends in the final "circle" of the decade. Eric states the last person upstairs has to call Red a dumbass. Everyone runs upstairs, leaving Kelso behind. Kelso is the final character to be seen as he grabs "the stupid helmet" and prepares to call Red a dumb ass. As the 1980s begin, the episode ends in a final shot of the Formans' basement with the sound of the kids and adults upstairs counting down to one. Then a cut scene shows the car bumper one last time reading THAT '70S SHOW along with the year saying '80. The ending credits show the gang singing "Hello It's Me" from the first episode credits.
- Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
- Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
- Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
- Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
- Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman
- Kurtwood Smith as Red Forman
- Josh Meyers as Randy Pearson
- Don Stark as Bob Pinciotti
- Tommy Chong as Leo
Special Guest Stars
- „It turns out that Red was right: I am a dumbass”
- Kelso – Did you just kiss my ear?
- Fez – A little.
- Kelso – I liked it.
- „Hey, guys! Last one upstairs... has to call Red a dumbass!”
- —Eric, third to last line of the series
- „Aw, man!”
- —Kelso, second to last line of the series
- „10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1!”
- —The entire cast, last line of the series
- Topher Grace makes his first and only Season 8 appearance.
- The ending of the series may leave it ambiguous whether Eric and Donna get back together, but in the Complete Series Collectors Book, it confirms that they have gotten back together.
- It's also unknown whether Donna actually goes to college or not.
- Randy is the only main character not seen at the Forman's New Year's Eve Party, mainly because it would've been awkward if he and Eric met and because both had dated Donna.
- This episode, along with Love of My Life, brought in 10 million viewers on the original airing, the highest rated episode of the season.
- This episode is the highest rated episode on IMDB.
- The end credits features the exact the same end credits scene from the pilot.