Then things go from bad to worse for Hyde, who discovers that while he was away, Leo nearly put the record store out of business. But Hyde's plan to fire Leo goes up in smoke when he ends up keeping Leo and hiring a new guy, Randy. Meanwhile, Jackie decides to move on and drags Donna and Fez out for a night on the town, but ends up humiliating herself when she gets a little too much exposure.
After Leo leaves an ambiguous note on Grooves' front door, a guy named Randy Pearson (Josh Meyers) applies for a non-existing job. Hyde hires him while he is intoxicated, and after sobering up, wonders if it was a good decision. Jackie, Fez and Donna go to a bar so Jackie could hit on guys and then break their hearts to make her feel better. Red and Kitty try to get Hyde's wife, Samantha, to leave.
- Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
- Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
- Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
- Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
- Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman
- Kurtwood Smith as Red Forman
- Don Stark as Bob Pinciotti
- Josh Meyers as Randy Pearson
- Tommy Chong as Leo
Special Guest Star
- Jud Tylor as Samantha
- Catherine Kresge as Kim
- Scott Holroyd as Mark
- „I'm making you assistant manager in charge of scams”
- —Hyde to Randy
- A second version of the season 8 opening sequence was created for the rest of the season due to the inclusion of Josh Meyers' character. In this version, the circle goes faster before ending with Leo who is confused by Kelso shouting "Hello, Wisconsin".
- First appearance of Tommy Chong as a series regular since season 4.