- „But what she doesn't realize is that I'm also a boy. And eventually 'friend' is gonna lead down the path to 'boy', and then I'll be her friend-boy”
It is Kitty's birthday and the only one who remembers is Hyde. To make up for forgetting, Eric and Red agree to do the most horrifying thing imaginable. Meanwhile, Kelso plans to win Jackie back by being her friend, but it doesn’t work the way he thinks it would. And Hyde learns something disturbing about Caroline when he drives her home in his new car.
- Topher Grace as Eric Forman
- Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
- Ashton Kutcher as Michael Kelso
- Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
- Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
- Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
- Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman
- Kurtwood Smith as Red Forman
- Allison Munn as Caroline Dupree
- Later revealed in Season 8, Red learned from this mistake and kept a stash of gifts hidden in the basement for whenever he forgot Kitty's birthday or Valentine's Day.
- Kitty's birthday would have been Thursday October 13, 1977. This is figured out due to the fact that Red said it was the 13th and they were watching "The Waltons", then "CHiPs", both broadcast on a Thursday night. The only Thursday night that fell on the 13th in 1977 after CHiPs debuted date on Sept. 15th would have been October 13th. Also to note: The CHiPs episode that night was episode #4 "Moving Violation"; The Waltons was episode 124 "The Warrior".
- As revealed by the introduction of this episode on the Season 3 DVD, Debra Jo Rupp came up with the idea for the episode and submitted it to the writers. She also mentioned that due to their characters' actions in the episode, the audience in attendance for the filming of this episode became hostile towards Topher Grace and Kurtwood Smith.
- Tanya Roberts and Don Stark are absent from the main cast in this episode.