- „You can literally... cruise, the vista!”
- —High Red[src]
For the first seven seasons, the show's introduction showed the cast in the Vista Cruiser. Before he gets it he gets lectured by his parents about safe driving. The gang first use it to get to a concert in Kenosha, and later that evening it is the scene of Eric and Donna's first kiss.
Red ended up taking it away for a while because Eric confesses to smoking marijuana so that Hyde won't get kicked out. He also loses it after scratching it when Kelso gives him a purple nurple while driving, and when he goes to California to confess his love for Donna.
- Red at one time accidentally sold the Vista Cruiser during a garage sale while high on special brownies (unbeknownst to him) but they manage to get it back.
- Red gave Eric the Vista Cruiser in the pilot episode and because he was high at the time, his reponse was "Bitchin'!" But after his dad corrected him he said "Thank you, Pops, Sir"
- The gang uses it as their primary means of transportation (Like when they used it to go to a concert in the pilot). Or to go to Canada to buy beer.
- At the end of the series, Wilmer Valderrama (Fez) bought the Vista Cruiser from Carsey-Warner for $500. In August 2009, the show's Vista Cruiser was named third-greatest television car ever by MSN Autos.
- The Vista Cruiser is powered by the 455 Cubic-Inch Oldsmobile-Pontiac Rocket V8.