Donna and Eric are extremely nervous about their plans to go to a drive-in movie together. The Erdmans, Fez's host family, want him to stop listening to rock music which they think is evil. Kitty takes a quiz in Cosmo and learns that there's no spontaneity in her marriage.
Eric asks Donna to go see The Omen at the local drive-in, Donna doesn't really know whether she should go or not because she doesn't like making out in public. Jackie convinces her to go by saying she and Kelso go with them (while Kelso promises Eric he won't come).
In the meantime Fez's host parents don't want him to listen to "the devil's music" (bands like KISS) so he and Hyde try to sneak rock albums in to their home by hiding them in Pat Boone covers and listening to them with headphones. Kitty and Red are going out because Kitty thinks their marriage is too predictable.
At first they go to a restaurant called Blannigan's (they wanted to go to the Lion's Head but it was burned down). They don't like Blannigan's so they go to a restaurant called Phillies where they always go and afterwards have sex in the car. Eric, Donna, Jackie and Kelso are at the movie and Kelso and Jackie start to make out. Eric and Donna go sit on the hood where they also start.
- Topher Grace as Eric Forman
- Mila Kunis as Jackie Burkhart
- Ashton Kutcher as Michael Kelso
- Danny Masterson as Steven Hyde
- Laura Prepon as Donna Pinciotti
- Wilmer Valderrama as Fez
- Debra Jo Rupp as Kitty Forman
- Kurtwood Smith as Red Forman
- Kevin Farley as Matthew Erdman
- Shannon Holt as Rebecca Erdman
- On the offical site, this episode is listed as following The Keg, although it did air after That Disco Episode
- The scene where Red and Kitty are sitting at the bar in the restaurant named "Phillies" is a detailed parody of the classic American painting "Nighthawks" by artist Edward Hopper.
- When a police officer interrupts Red and Kitty when they're in the car, Red threatens him with a foot-in-ass comment that makes the officer wish them a good night and then leave. In the episode Stolen Car, the police men tell Eric that he is a "poor bastard" for having Red as their father. This suggests that the Point Place Police Department either respect and/or fear Red.
- Tanya Roberts and Don Stark are absent from the main cast in this episode.
- kiss destroyer album | KISS
- the omen (theme)
- in-a-gadda-da-vida | IRON BUTTERFLY (1968)
- sung by fez and hyde
- raindrops keep fallin' on my head | B.J. THOMAS (1969)
- sung by fez and hyde
- is that all there is? | PEGGY LEE